€20.00 ohne MwSt.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: BMG-113
Our Palladium Plating Solution plates a bright white layer, making it a great alternative to rhodium and bright chrome. Its hardness also means it’s a good flash coat over silver, slowing down wear and tarnishing.
Added to this, at a thickness as low as 0.25 microns, it can be used as a very effective barrier to stop gold migrating back into copper when gold plating copper and brass. This makes it one of the most multi-functional plating solutions we sell!
• an excellent barrier layer when plating gold onto copper or brass
• useful alternative to rhodium or bright chrome
• a good, non-tarnishing layer, to be plated on silver
• excellent for electrical contacts, as it doesn’t tarnish
- Makes a great alternative to rhodium plating giving an authentic 18 carat white gold or platinum plated look.
- palladium plating solution (unlike rhodium) doesn’t etch materials made of calcium carbonate such as pearl and coral, so you won’t have to worry about masking out these materials before submerging them in your palladium plating bath.
- can be used as a substitute for nickel as a barrier layer for gold plating on copper and its alloys.
- can be used as an alternative to silver as it doesn’t tarnish and is hard-wearing.
- Very low porosity – excellent for corrosion protection.
- Readily wettable by solder and dissolves a lot more slowly than gold in the solder making it an excellent top coat over gold for electrical contacts.
Operating Parameters and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||3.0 – 3.5|
|Temperature||18 – 25 °C|
|Electrode||Carbon or Platinum|
|Palladium content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon, nitrogen)|
|Lightness (L*) of deposit||65 (Cielab)|
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, carbon electrode)||0.6 micron per minute|
|Density of deposit||11.85 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|